Since we are all stuck in, staring at our homes right now, I thought I would offer some fun ideas for home paint projects! With all of the madness in the world, one thing we can control is how we handle this time. Why not handle it with a little paint?
First, call your local paint store and see if they are offering curbside pick-up. My local paint store Gregory's Paint and Flooring offers pick-up and local delivery!
Here's a list of Ideas for Spring Home Paint Projects:
1. Paint your front door! What a perfect time to add a little pop to your home this spring (and a little happiness). Typically you only need a quart of paint and a paint brush to get this job done.
Here are just a few of my favorite front door paint colors:
Benjamin Moore Stratton Blue HC-142
Photo Credit: Cottage and Vine
Benjamin Moore Wasabi AF-430
Photo Credit: Elements of Style
Sherwin Williams Rosy Outlook
Photo Credit: M House Develpment & Home Bunch
2. Since our kids are home right now, how about we paint a chalkboard wall in their room or play room:
Photo Credit: Rhea DIY
3. Spray paint out-dated metal fixtures
There's not much worse than staring at an outdated light fixture. A quick way to update them, without spending a small fortune, is spray painting them! Be sure to use a spray paint made for this purpose. Give an old shiny brass light fixture a nice coat of black or turn your oil-rubbed bronze cabinet handles into an updated matte brass! (i said updated brass, not shiny old brass.. there's a difference!)
Photo Credit: NotingGrace
Photo credit: Citrine Living
4. Paint and old piece of furniture that needs some love!
Photo Credit: Magazine Furniture Maggie
5. Paint your brick fireplace:
Photo Credit: Katie Lamb
6. Let your kids paint an old piece of furniture. We have a pair of Ikea white kids chairs and we let our kids go to town with some (washable) paint:
Photo Credit: Me ; Artists: My kids
7. While your kids have their paint brushes out, have them make some art that you can frame and hang later!
Photo Credit: Organised Pretty Home
8. If you're feeling really adventurous, paint a bedroom or a small bathroom. Good news: We will help you pick the color; Bad news: We won't help you paint
Photo Credit: Home Awakening
9. Paint a custom Easter basket for your kiddos
If you've forgotten what day, month, or year it is.. Easter is just around the corner! A fun paint project could be finding your kids old Easter baskets and painting them. Paint a nice neutral color and then add their name, a fun pattern, and some cute designs (if you're artsy, if not.. a name will do). *If your kids catch you, tell them that the Easter bunny asked you to make their baskets so he could fill them*
10. Paint your laundry room cabinets
Most of the time a laundry room will have just a few cabinets, so let's paint them a fun color! It's small enough to handle on your own, but large enough to make a huge impact. Plus, if you're already in there doing laundry all day everyday, might as well make it POP. So paint it your favorite color! Not your kids favorite color, or your signif other's fav color.. YOUR favorite color.
Photo Credit: Sincerely Marie Designs
I hope these were helpful ideas for you! As always, The Paint Palette Co. is here if you need help choosing the perfect colors.
Please share with your friends, especially with any DIY lovers.